Wow, I’m so in love with these little wrist warmers and butterflies. This was such a fun project! I had made such wrist warmers for my daughter before and when another mom saw her wearing those she asked me to make some for her and her daughter, too. Plus a matching beanie… I didn’t have a pattern for both, so it took me a while to figure out how I did it – but this time I wrote it down. In case I need it again and of course because I want to share this pattern with you 😉 The beanie pattern will come sooooooooon…!
100g medium weight yarn (I used Lana Grossa Cool Wool, 100% Merino)
crochet hook sizes around 3,5 mm and 4,5 mm
small amount of thinner yarn (for butterfly applications. I used Schachenmeyer Catania in white and pink)
Baby wrist warmers (make 2)
1. For the ribbing with 3,5 mm hook ch 6. slst in 2nd ch from hook, sl st 4, turn (5)
2. – 15. ch 1, sl st 5 in BLO, turn (5)
16. sl st ends together. Turn seam in.
17.ch 1,* hdc 2, 2 hdc in one st* repeat around , join to first hdc with a sl st (20)
change to a bigger hook size
18.-24. ch1, hdc around, join (20)
(next row will work the thumbhole)
25. left hand: ch1, hdc 5, ch2, sk 2 st, hdc 13, join (20)
25. right hand: ch1, hdc 17, ch2, sk 2 st, hdc 1, join (20)
26.-27. ch 1, hdc around, join (20)
28. ch1, sc around, join (20)
weave in ends.
For the butterflies I followed this pattern by bellacoco.